Statment of Purpose
At JHA we are proud to say we care about our patients.
Please read our Statement of Purpose, set out below, to find out more about the service we pride ourselves on offering.
1. We aim to provide high quality dental care to our patients. We offer our patients clear and helpful advice about their oral health and consider social and economic factors so that we can tailor to meet our patientâ€™s individual need by offering a choice of suitable treatments. We explain the options available in clear, reassuring terms, and encourage them to participate fully in their oral health care.
2. We provide this care in our welcoming, patient-friendly practices and offer a choice of convenient times to deliver treatment prescribed.
3. We aim to understand the needs of our patients and we involve them in decisions about their care.
4. Our dentists are active partners in care provision who strive to deliver care pathways in accordance with best dental practice. We aim to provide our dentists with excellent working conditions & appropriately trained support teams. We provide the latest updates regarding legislation regarding the provision of a safe working environment that enables quality patient care.
5. We are keen to promote good oral health within the community and will actively participate in appropriate local initiatives that communicate the benefits of good oral health to the wider population.
6. We promote the professional and personal development of our teams and invest in their training and take account of the latest national and professional guidelines on dental care in developing the skills and ways of working of our teams.
7. We utilise other professionals and therapists in the care of our patients where this is in our patientsâ€™ interests. We will refer our patients to experts and specialists internally and externally as appropriate.
8. We treat our patients with respect considering their individual need & dignity. We respect their needs for confidentiality. We value our patient feedback whether a complaint or suggestion and manage accordingly always feeding back the outcome and reasoning behind our decision.
9. We strive to improve the quality of care we provide.Â We have a robust quality assurance program that is supported by our Clinical Advisory Board, Health & Safety and Compliance Managers. In addition we recognise the value of outsourcing to Business Solution organisations that assist in our continual monitoring of our services. We seek feedback from our patients and use complaints and significant event analysis to improve our services. We support and review our activity within a framework of clinical governance.
10. We always act in a way to promote the safety, health and welfare of our people and our patients. We invest appropriately in equipment and systems to improve quality, safety and outcomes.